Antelope Valley Desert Divers Scholarship Guidelines
The primary purpose of the Antelope Valley Desert Divers (AVDD) New Diver Scholarship is to introduce the sport of SCUBA to people who may otherwise be limited to accessing this opportunity. Our goal is to offer a life changing experience while fostering a conservation-minded ocean ambassador. The second scholarship offered is for continuing education of an existing member in good standing. The primary goal of the Divers’ Continuing Education Scholarship is to hone your skills and be a safer diver. Listed below are required qualifications that must be met. The deadline for application submission is December 31 of each year
New Diver Scholarship:
● You must be a resident and reside in the Antelope Valley area (i.e. Lancaster, Palmdale, Acton, Quartz Hill, etc.)
● The minimum age to apply is 12 years of age
● Scholarship amount is up to $500.00 (AVDD Board reserves the right to adjust the final $ amount of scholarship, the AVDD Board’s decision is final). Scholarship money must be used for cost of Open Water class and books.
● Application and essay must be completed, signed, and submitted by deadline date.
● Once scholarship is awarded, you will have 30 days to register for an Open Water Class with PCH Scuba and class must be completed within one year, if not forfeiture of scholarship is possible.
● AVDD Board may choose not to award scholarship due to criteria
· A one-year single AVDD club membership will be given to the New Diver scholarship winner after he or she successfully completes Open Water Class and verification of completion is submitted.
Diver Continuing Education Scholarship:
● You must have a minimum of an Open Water certification. (attach copy)
● You must be a current and active member in “Good Standing” of Antelope Valley Desert Divers club.
● The application and essay must be completed, signed, and submitted by the deadline date.
● The amount of this scholarship is up to $500.00. (AVDD Board reserves the right to adjust final $ amount of scholarship, the AVDD Board’s decision is final).
● Once the scholarship is awarded, you will have 30 days to register for the dive certification course that you requested with PCH Scuba and the class must be completed within one year, if not forfeiture of scholarship is possible.
● AVDD Board may choose not to award scholarships due to criteria.
Download Scholarship Guidelines
Download Scholarship Application